LightBlog

mercredi 22 avril 2015

[Q] Changing from Vodafone to non-branded 5.0.1/OTA

Hey everyone, I'm not necessarily new to the rooting/custom rom scene, I spent hours messing around with my Note 2, but I've got a quick question because I can't find a straight forward answer.

Basically I'm Australian and I own the SM-N910G variant of the phone, it's NOT locked and I have no logo on my boot screen. The 5.0.1 update for the 910G was released today, hazzah! But that's only on the non-carrier OTA, Vodafone has just stated "Failed testing, contacting Samsung" now due to both Vodafone AND Samsung being slow in nature, this could take weeks. I'm also SICK of Vodafone's bloatware and extreme delay with updates (over a year for the Note 2's 4.4.4), and I'm not willing to do any extreme modifying to this phone unlike my Note 2 because I'm still paying this phone off on my contract, last thing I need is to be left with a bricked or unsatisfactory phone when I'm still paying off.

Now for anyone who doesn't want to read all that,

MY QUESTION: Am I able to flash the stock SM-N910G 5.0.1, and change any future OTA's to be the ones straight from Samsung without voiding my warrenty or increasing my flash count or voiding my future OTA updates. And if I can, what's the best way to go about it?

Because I'm sick of waiting 6 months for Samsung to bring updates to Australia, then another 6 months for Vodafone to finish "testing" it.

Also I originally posted this in the wrong section, which I apologize for.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1HknvLQ
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire